Monday, May 19, 2008

Anual Pay $72k for 6 yrs IT

I receive quite a few comments in the discussion board... Thanks for your support and reply.... I will go through all of them one by one..

Lets start from this, in this particular case, I receive this post:

Graduated 2002. IT. salary for 2007 was 72K. This was my progression.

2002 - 2200 per mth. No bonus
2003 - 3000 per mth. No bonus
2004 - 3500 per mth. No bonus
2005 - 4000 per mth. No bonus
2006 - Joined this company that pays really sad monthly salary, but gives good bonus at the end of the year. Started looking at salary on an annual basis. 58K annual.
2007 - 72K annual. <-- likely to be stuck at this range for a damn long time until I hop again.

Is this a fair range for someone of my age?

I should say that.. in the first 4 yrs your pay really suck... suck in the sense that there is no bonus.... (but I wonder no bonus means 12 months or 13 months?)

Anyway, in your lastest job, annual pay of $72k.. this is quite a lot.. this is nearly like you get $5k per month, and you get 15 months (13+2 months bonus). Well I think you are quite well paid now.

Not many ppl with 6 years working experience can get such a pay.

So now we can see how is the increment for an experience IT professional. From annualy $28k to $72k over 6 years (2.5 times) is not easily get by others engineer, such as the engineer - case I that I have discussed earlier...

And now I find that this blog becomes more and more interesting... over here, we can exchange our pay and salary and make comparisons. Then we can know we are under paid or over paid. And maybe can share with us how you make such a great improvment, then others can learn also......

In this case, I can see the keyword "Hop", apparently, he/she gets such a pay by hopping....

So pls leave us more details, like your degree, results, any other tips... etc....

I will write more again sooon................

Click here for more IT salary information



2 comments:

TropicaLynx said...

Wow, that's nice.
I'm an SPR (just approved), and I'm graduated about the same time as that guy (end of 2001).

Right now I'm earning 5.5k per month, 13 times a year with no variable bonus (sad). Right now in process of negotiating extension of my contract (yes, a contract, not perm position), the HR only offer me 5.7k x 13.

MAS forecast inflation in 2008 around 4.5% - 5.5%, and we all know in reality the price rise higher than just 5% (early 2007 1 kg of new moon rice is merely $1.9 and now it is $3.2, old chang kee curry o from $1 to $1.2). Do you think it's fair if I ask them to raise my pay at least 8%?

Working condition is quiet ok, on average start at 9am and leave office around 7.30pm, during busy project can be as late as 2am (rarely).

TropicaLynx said...

Btw, I have two degrees, one in financial management, and another one in IT.

Search for Job, Salary, Education, Seminar Information

Use the tag below to see more exciting salary reports.

Salary Info      Education      Jobs      Others
Financial
IT
Engineering
Salary & Increment
Discussions
     MBA
NTU Courses
Investment Seminar
Education Info
Seminar
     Jobs Opening
Resume Tips
News
Recession 2009
Funny & Meaningful
     Survey
Hong Kong
Australia

Last 5 Articles