Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Asian Boss VS Western Boss

Do you have an Asian Boss? Or you have a Western Boss? If you never have a Western Boss, then you may not notice the difference. But this girl, she got an exciting interview experience between Asian and Wester boss. I think it is worth to post it here for everyone to read.

--------------------------

I am female who work in Network field as well. For the wages, i think sometimes it really depends on how well you demonstrate/ sell yourself during the stage of the interview and the overall impression that you gv to interviewers.

I am holding first class honor degree and distinction for my master degree from UK by age 24. Most of the interviews that I have done with typical Asian bosses were general awful...I figured that they felt threaten by my qualifications and even told me something like " If I train you up, I don't think you are going to stay long"..Now I work with MNC and I landed this job after 3 round interviews. I met 2 asian bosses during my second interview. They told me straight that they didn''t have intention to train fresh grad. But after 3 months, i contacted by HR for 3rd interview. HR informed me that the bosses from USA are coming to interview me after they review my resume as they plan to set up a new team here. So I got the job at the end. I told my bosses (Americans) straight that I don't have any technical experiences in IT field. They assure me that they do train fresh grad (see..the difference? Asian bosses mostly selfish).I have been trained for 1 and half month before they put me into the real post. Sometimes timing and luck play important roles.

--------------------------

Apparently, there is a huge difference, maybe due to different education background and hence different thinking.


Click here to join in other discussions



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a western boss now, really much different from chinese. I am so lucky !!!

Derick said...

Asian bosses are crap. But one day when we go into their position, perhaps we will do the same thing too. But since we are belong to the Gen Y, lets hope it all changes!

Search for Job, Salary, Education, Seminar Information

Use the tag below to see more exciting salary reports.

Salary Info      Education      Jobs      Others
Financial
IT
Engineering
Salary & Increment
Discussions
     MBA
NTU Courses
Investment Seminar
Education Info
Seminar
     Jobs Opening
Resume Tips
News
Recession 2009
Funny & Meaningful
     Survey
Hong Kong
Australia

Last 5 Articles